Mandarin Time School Terms&Conditions
Terms&Conditions for Adult Programs
When you sign the contract where detailed fees charged by Mandarin Time are listed, full payment should be made.
Each lesson at MT is 45 minutes.
Our group class size is minimum 3 students and maximum 8 students on a first come, first served basis. In the rare case that payment is received, and group class of your level has only 1 student, each lesson will be reduced to 22.5mins; when there are 2 students, each lesson will be reduced to 30mins.
If you cannot attend a group lesson on schedule, Mandarin Time will not arrange for a make-up lesson.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your class, please give us a written notice one day in advance, or 1 lesson will be deducted from your schedule, as if the lesson had been used.
All courses must finish within 12 months from their starting dates. Students who fail to finish their lessons within 12 months will be deemed to waive their remaining lessons and no refund will be available.
Each booking is a minimum of 2 lessons, travelling time compensation fee will apply when classes are taken outside of Mandarin Time campus.
Member Club Usage:
Transfer your membership - Mandarin Time Membership can only be transferred on the condition a new Private class/Mandarin Club package is purchased at the time of the transfer.
One student one membership account- Each student can only have one registered email, please keep the password only to you, Mandarin Time membership should be privately owned, it and its benefits cannot be shared, sold or copied by any party at anytime, or Mandarin Time School reserves the right to seek compensation from responsible parties.
Terms&Condition for Kids&Teen Programs
Each lesson at Mandarin Time is 45mins. When you sign the contract where the detailed courses and fees are listed, full payment should be made upfront.
Private Class for Kids & Teens
If a student needs to cancel or reschedule a class, please inform Mandarin Time by written notice not later than 1 working day in advance, or 1 lesson will be deducted from the timetable as if it’s been used.
Each Package is valid for 12 months, and each booking is a minimum of 2 lessons.
Group Class for Kids & Teens
1. We do arrange make up class for kids’ group class, every semester (30 group lessons) we offer each student 4 free make up lessons in a group (or 2 private free lessons) if they miss 4 or more group lessons.
2. Group class cannot be rescheduled or cancelled.
Kids’ Camp (Summer Camp, Autumn Camp& Christmas Camp)
1. No make up session or refund could be arranged if a student misses any group class, activity or excursion.
2. We provide free snacks for both morning and afternoon camps.
3. Lunch box can be provided at 90 hkd/set, please let us know your kids' food allergies(if there's any)when signing the invoice.
4. Please leave us the main contact and emergent contact person's direct number upon registration.
Family Teacher Service for 2-6 yr old
3 hours each session, each package is valid for 1 month.
One-way transportation fee, traveling time compensation fee to class location from Central will be paid by the family, the other way will be paid by school.
If a student needs to cancel or reschedule a class, please inform Mandarin Time by written notice 1 working day in advance, or 1 hour will be deducted from the timetable as if it’s been used.
Mandarin Playgroup for 1-4 yr old
1. All Mandarin Time playgroups are partnered with HK Indoor Playgrounds, please always make sure to bring your kids and the guardian a pair of fresh socks, and follow the rules and guidelines in each Playground.
2. No make-up lessons will be provided for students who missed a group class.
3. The credits of one student can be transferred to another student upon written notification 1 week in advance, name transfer fee is 300 hkd each case.
China Immersion Camps
1. Itinerary will be sent to the campers one week before your program starts.
2. If flights are included in your program, and you missed the flight/flights due to personal reasons, you would have to pay for the change or booking of your new flight/flights; And the airport pick up/Drop off service included will be cancelled for you accordingly without refund.
We may receive notification from the airline companies that certain flights in your camp are rescheduled, or even cancelled due to extreme weather or unforeseen reasons, we will provide alternative solutions as soon as we can, no compensations or refund will be made in this circumstance.
3. If Pick-up service /Drop off Service is included in your program, please arrive at the meeting point on time, if we find that there are participants missing at the scheduled time, we will contact the participant over the phone right away, and if the participant fails to arrive at the meeting point 5mins later than the departure time, the group will have to leave without the participant.
4. This program cannot be transferred to another person/group once registration is completed.
5. If medical treatments are needed in any circumstance, our team will contact the local ambulance or help bring the participant to the nearest hospital for immediate treatment, all costs occurred and liabilities shall be covered by your insurance.
All Programs above follow Terms&Conditions below:
Cancellation and Change Course type
1. A cancellation fee of 1000 hkd will be charged if you cancel the course at any time.
2. Tuition is refundable for those who cancel the course before their intended start date, 4 weeks before 100%, 2 weeks before 50%, less than 1 week 20%. Refunds shall be made to the original payer. There are no refunds to be made once your program begins.
3. Course change will only be arranged upon availability, a written notice and course change fee of 600 hkd needs to be received, and written notice needs to be received 2 week before the course change.
Code of Conduct
All students of Mandarin Time programs are expected to adhere to proper conduct and obey the instructions of Mandarin Time. This covers, but is not limited to, respecting others' cultures and beliefs, no illegal actions or drugs. Students will be removed from the program without a refund if they engage in illegal, violent or improper behavior. Participants are responsible for any and all damages they cause and must directly compensate the owner of the property involved.
Use of Photos and Comments
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photo(s)/image(s). We or someone on our behalf take of you or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your study for our promotional/marketing purposes (such as including them in our brochure/website) without obtaining your further permission or making any payment to you. Such use may include mentioning your name, nationality, etc.
Insurance & Waiver:
Participants of all Mandarin Time's programs should take up their own insurances, and hereby release all claims, liabilities, and demands of any nature from Mandarin Time School.
Your program may be disrupted by an unusual event or circumstances that Mandarin Time could not have foreseen. If the unusual event is serious enough to significantly affect your program, we will try to arrange a suitable alternative if possible. We do not make any refunds in these situations and you will be responsible for any travel costs involved. We cannot accept liability for the effect of any unusual event or for any loss, damage, expense or claim of any disruption you suffer as a result.
When there's Typhoon 8 or Black rainstorm signal issued by Hong Kong authority, school will be closed following HK law, all affected classes or programs will be cancelled without refund or make up class.
All the rights and obligations are stated expressly above. Any verbal communications and promises by the staff are invalid and unenforceable. Mandarin Time reserves the right to explain the above terms and conditions.